Tuesday, February 9, 2010

B2 v3.0 - bangalOre calling!

It was 3 PM, 28th December 2009. I was about to start my journey into a new life! Everything was uncertain and I did not know what would happen once I reach Bangalore. The train tickets were still not confirmed and my packing was in the process. By 5 PM somehow I finished my packing (Most of the things were not taken, which I realized when I reached Bangalore). Gaurav was there with me and luckily at 6 PM when I checked my ticket, it was confirmed. So we were to board the Bangalore Rajdhani at 8.30.PM from Nizamuddin (Delhi). We reached the station on time and here I was all ready to face a new life. A life away from all my near and dear ones… a life all by myself! Our train was on time and we adjusted our luggage in the comfy 2 tier sleeper coach. Although every part of the bogie was shaking as the train moved but our co-passengers were good and we had a great time in the train. It took 33 hrs to reach Bangalore City and here we were in a new city, amidst new people, in a new life!

As we had no-place to stay we took an auto (after quite an unsuccessful bargaining) to Gaurav’s brother’s place. I liked Bangalore at the first go, except for its narrow one way roads! Soon we were at Gaurav’s brother’s place and we spent almost a week here.

My first day in office was on 31st Dec, 09. We had to reach electronic city, which was around 25kms from where we were staying. We had to change 2 buses and finally we reached the spot on time. It was a 5 star hotel where our induction and joining formalities were conducted. The session went smoothly and I felt great to be a part of HCL Technologies now! There could not be a better end of 2009, which had gone indeed bad for me health wise. But now I was about to enter a new professional life with full of dreams, full of energy and full of excitement.

So far life in HCL has been great. We had a corporate training for about 1 week which was a great learning experience for me. We were taught all business etiquettes, starting from how to converse, to how to dine with clients. Moral values, email etiquettes, business strategies - everything was covered and there was so much to learn from it! Soon after the training, I was assigned to the Deustche Bank Risk Engine project. I was very lucky to get a great team. My project manager welcomed me to the group and I was told about each and every thing happening in the project. He introduced me to the other team members and it was a very good experience for me. People here are so professional and so well to speak. I am very happy with the work environment I have and I hope it’ll remain the same in future as well.

After one week stay in Bangalore, I got my bike transported from Delhi. So now I had no transportation problem. I also shifted to Soumen da’s place and we got a new “awesome” 2BHK flat for ourselves. I know Soumen da right from my childhood, so it was great to be with him and learn so many things. Be it washing clothes or cooking or cleaning - I am still getting some great training from him. Bhaskar da and Swagata di were two new characters in my life. They are actually Soumen da’s friends, however I was overwhelmed by their friendly and loving nature. In no time all of us became great friends. I was treated so specially that I forgot I am far away from my family. Now every weekend we go out and freak out. We enjoy like hell and have loads of fun! It has been really a great experience and I consider myself very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life!

Life in Bangalore is fast and busy like it was in Delhi. But now I am independent and it feels great to earn my own living. It has been a great start to my new “life” and right now I’m enjoying every single moment of it!


Cheers!

B2

0 comments: